Essendon Canoe Club Inc (ECC) is a friendly and well-equipped club catering to the needs of individual and family paddlers. Located in Woods St Ascot Vale, on the Maribyrnong River, the Essendon Canoe Club was established in 1925. Members enjoy all aspects of canoeing (and kayaking) including Touring, Polo, Marathon, Flatwater racing, and of course social!
- Grants available for Young Aussie Athletes Aug 4, 2020Grants available for children and teenagers aged 7-17 years to help their participation in sport – Sport Access Foundation Our goal is to ensure that young Australians living with a disability can be active and achieve their sporting goals. To this end Sport Access Foundation provides annual grants for children and young people with a disability. […]
- All Victorian Wildwater Events Cancelled Until Further Notice Aug 3, 2020Sadly, due to the new Covid-19 Stage 3 and 4 restrictions introduced by the Victorian Government, all Victorian downriver and wildwater events scheduled will be cancelled until further notice. The Victorian WW Technical Committee will continue to monitor the situation and will hopefully be able to restart events when possible.
- Paddle Victoria Marathon Racing update August 2020 Aug 3, 2020Paddle Victoria Marathon Racing update August 2020 Dear Marathon Paddlers, This note is to provide you with an update on the plans to recommence marathon racing in Victoria. As a result of current restrictions to manage the response to COVID-19 in Victoria the Winter Series Race 5 and Race 6, planned for Sunday, 16th August […]
- The Yarra Series 4 Slalom (2 Aug) and King River Slalom (16 Aug) have been cancelled Jul 31, 2020It is with regret that the VSTC have been forced to cancel these races due to Covid-19 issues.
- 2020 Victorian Schools Slalom and Wildwater Races Postponed Jul 31, 2020It is with much regret that Paddle Victoria, the WWTC and VSTC will have to postpone the running of the 2020 Victorian Schools Slalom and Wildwater races set for September 12th and 13th due to Covid- 19 related issues and hope to re schedule the event at a later date if it is practical to […]
- ICF launches new virtual paddle challenge Aug 6, 2020The International Canoe Federation has announced it is launching a new virtual paddle challenge which will cater for paddlers from beginner level through to the elite, following the success of its 5k competition last month. The ICF will have three new partners for the challenge – charity partner Peace and Sport, international canoe and kayak […]
- Job Vacancies Performance – Australian Paddle Team Aug 6, 2020Join our Paddle Australia high performance program with some exciting job opportunities available to work within our highly successful Olympic and Paralympic teams. We currently have the following 3 roles advertised on Sportspeople: https://www.sportspeople.com.au/jobs/sport/canoeing-jobs 1. Performance Support Manager: Position Description – Performance Support Manager Or click here for Performance Support Manager Position on Sportspeople. Closes: 28 […]
- Canoe Sprint Team Optimistic One Year Out from Tokyo 2020+1 Olympic Games Aug 5, 2020This week the Tokyo 2020 Olympic canoe sprint competition was scheduled to take place, but following the postponement of the Games due to the coronavirus pandemic, Paddle Australia’s Olympic canoe sprint paddlers will have to wait another year to line up at the start line at Tokyo’s Sea Forest Waterway. The fourteen canoe sprint athletes […]
- 2020/21 National Competition Calendar Update Jul 29, 2020In conjunction with the various Discipline Technical Committees (DTCs), Paddle Australia has been working to progress the calendar for National Level Competitions for the 2020/21 season. There is no doubt that these are challenging times for organising competitive sport and PA is extremely grateful for those who continue to dedicate their time to finding competition […]
- Canoe Slalom Team Paddlers Stay Focussed with One Year to Go to Tokyo Jul 29, 2020Paddle Australia’s Olympic canoe slalom paddlers were supposed to be at the Tokyo 2020 start line this week for the Olympic canoe slalom competition, which was originally scheduled to take place from 26 – 31 July 2020. But with the postponement of the Games by a full year back due to the coronavirus pandemic, Jessica Fox (NSW), Daniel […]