Essendon Canoe Club Inc (ECC) is a friendly and well-equipped club catering to the needs of individual and family paddlers. Located in Woods St Ascot Vale, on the Maribyrnong River, the Essendon Canoe Club was established in 1925. Members enjoy all aspects of canoeing (and kayaking) including Touring, Polo, Marathon, Flatwater racing, and of course social!
- AGM and Nomination to the Board of Directors Sep 8, 2020Notice is hereby given that the 2019/20 Annual General Meeting of Paddle Victoria will be held on Wednesday 28th October 2020 at 7.30pm via zoom. In order to attend the AGM please reply by Tuesday 27th October so that the Zoom link can be sent out to you. Agenda for the AGM Paddle Victoria are […]
- Goulburn River Slalom Rapid Improvements Sep 4, 2020Works have successfully been completed on the Goulburn River Slalom Rapid to enhance the main wave and re-build and improve many of the groins. The works were carried out 10th – 12th August as part of the preparation for the 2021 Paddle Australia All Ages Canoe Slalom Age Championships which were provisionally scheduled for 15th […]
- ACTIVE KIDS GRANTS / COMMUNITY SHADES / SPORTING CLUB GRANTS Aug 28, 2020Community Shade Grants Program Vic Health have a new Grant out for Shades and Sunsmart products. The Grant is open until 11th September and Paddle Victoria will be happy to write a letter of support for your club. What is funded by the grants? The Program provides funding for: new permanent shade repair or replacement […]
- All DownRiver and Wildwater events Cancelled for September Aug 24, 2020All DownRiver and Wildwater events planned for September have been cancelled. This includes Victorian Schools and Victorian Wild Water Championships. An updated calendar of events is hoped to be re published at the end of September, once we know what is happening once the Melbourne lockdowns have finished.
- ICF Training Webinars Aug 24, 2020In case you aren’t already aware, the ICF is running a series of free training webinars, the first of which was held this week. More about the sessions, including how to register, is available at: https://www.canoeicf.com/news/icf-announces-exciting-webinar-series August 19: Difference between women’s and men’s training methods. August 26: Athlete’s career: From the first stroke to ultimate […]
- Olympians Celebrate 20th Sydney 2000 Anniversary at Penrith Whitewater Stadium Sep 17, 202020 years on from the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games canoe slalom competition, current and past Olympians came together at Penrith Whitewater Stadium today to celebrate 20 years of Olympic legacy. Sydney Olympians Robin Bell and Kai Swoboda, Rio Olympians Lucien Delfour and Ian Borrows were joined by Sydney 2000 Canoe Slalom Head Coach and Olympian Richard Fox, Sydney 2000 Team Manager Noel Harrod, Australian […]
- Celebrating Olympic Legacy at Penrith Whitewater Stadium Sep 16, 2020Thursday, 17 September 2020 marks the 20th anniversary of the start of the Sydney 2000 Olympic canoe slalom competition at Penrith Whitewater Stadium. Olympic dreams came to life at the purpose-built “River of Dreams” during 17 – 20 September 2000 with the world’s attention on Sydney and Penrith during this time. Since then, the Olympic legacy venue […]
- Aussie Coaches and Athletes checking in for RU OK?Day Sep 10, 2020Sport is at the centre of many communities across Australia and this R U OK?Day, Thursday 10 September, coaches and athletes are encouraging everyone involved in sport from high performance to grassroots level to check in with one another, and ask R U OK? It has been a challenging year for everyone, making it even more important […]
- #MySydney2000 – Remembering Paddling and More at Sydney 2000 Sep 8, 2020It’s time to raid the family photo albums, shoeboxes and storage spaces for that special memory of the Sydney 2000 Olympic and Paralympic Games as the Australian Olympic Committee (AOC) and Paralympics Australia (PA) launch the #MySydney2000 social media campaign to capture the spirit of both events. Australians who lived through the Games – and […]
- Australian Sports Foundation Active Kids Grants Open Now Sep 3, 2020The Australian Sports Foundation has announced that the Active Kids Grant applications are now OPEN! The Active Kids Grants aim to provide every child with the active childhood they deserve! By helping your club with additional funds to supply them with the equipment they need, the Australian Sports Foundation can help increase junior participation to […]